Forum Discussion

Re: Creating a URL based on a record ID

Hello Laura.

I've been using the same formula that you have laid out, though "&dfid=11" was added after the Record ID# in my formula.  It was working for a few months but then just a week or two ago it quit working.  Below is what my formula actually looks like:

URLRoot() & "db/bpiur66d5?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "&dfid=11"

Can you see anything as to why it wouldn't work?  (I've also removed the "&dfid=11" from the formula with out any luck)

Did Quickbase make any changes as to how record ID #'s are identified?​

------------------------------
Christopher Job

7 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew Champion
    Have you copied your app?  Did the table identifier change?

If you are building a button to display the same record on an alternate form, then it is better to use this syntax

URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid() & "?a=dr&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "&dfid=11"

The dbid() will always return the table that you are now sitting on.  Hence it is not good practice to hard code the table ID as if you copy the app, it will fail.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChristopherJob
      Qrew Trainee
      It is a button, but it's linking to a form in a different QB app which is why the table ID is hard-coded.  I double checked that I had the correct table identifier and URL root; nothing changed there.  

I get a "Not Found" error telling me that the form "has probably been deleted" (though I know it hasn't).

Christopher Job
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        But do these two tables have the identical Record ID# for the record you are launching off of?  Seems pretty unlikely.  i would expose the URL to see the Record ID# by temporarily removing the button text (or just look at the record to see its Record ID#]and see if the target table has a record with that identical record ID#.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com