Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Photos on Exact Forms

Posted 08-13-2020 10:52
    I've long searched for a solution to the following problem, to no avail. Wondering if anyone has come up with anything?

We have many instances where I have a parent table, with a child table of images. There will be anywhere from 1-15 images associated with a record. I use exact forms (from juiced) to create reports that include, among other things, all the images. As you can imagine, a pdf created with 15 images can be incredibly large.

To combat this, I currently use Juiced to reduce image sizes (and additionally, to rotate images since anything taken in portrait mode is stored/printed sideways in QuickBase).

To date, Juiced is the only add-on I have found to combat this issue.  And while it works, my users must reduce each picture with separate button clicks, and then also rotate each the same way (Juiced allows multiple at once, but in the same record, not in separate children). Additionally, the rotate function only works in Firefox and Edge, because of Caching issues.

Has anyone come up with anything to reduce images for printing on pdf, or for rotating images?

------------------------------
    Mike Tamoush

• 2.  RE: Photos on Exact Forms

Posted 04-11-2021 18:44
    Hi Mike
    Did you get a response for this?

Jessica Matenga

• 3.  RE: Photos on Exact Forms

Posted 04-12-2021 12:45
    Nope. Getting photos onto an exact form is the issue that has plagued me the longest with seemingly no solution. It must be a tall order, because I've gone to other 3rd party companies, and no one has a solution (I've even offered to pay to have something specifically built for me, and no one will take it on).

Right now, I instruct my field team to ALWAYS take pictures landscape (this avoids any rotation issues). If they are on iOS, they have an option of choosing a picture size when the attach from their gallery, so I instruct them to simply shrink it while attaching.

Other than that, I used the juiced add-on. But for rotating, it's a nightmare. Keith, from Juiced found an explanation (very technical, I can't find the link), explaining that someone discovered the issue for the rotating nightmare, and it lies in QB code, but QB has not put this on their 'to-do' list it seems.

If anyone can solves this issue, it's something we have such a need for, I could very likely hire you to implement.

Mike Tamoush