Mears Group is seeking a Systems Administrator will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the Mears Group PMO database. Mears Group provides utility construction services across the United States.
Mears Group provides innovative solutions and dynamic approaches to aid our Operations team succeed throughout the country. Mears Group develops and implements scalable systems and tools, tailored to meet operational goals specifically through its cloud-based system/database. The system is seen as a full cycle PMO Work Order Management System.
The Systems Administrator will be involved in the planning, development and implementation of applications, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the company.
The Systems Administrator will ensure that:
- Data remains consistent across the system
- Data is clearly defined
- Users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
- Reports are produced to meet the needs of staff and clients
- Quality of data
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
- Recommend and implement emerging system technologies and processes
- Consider both back-end organization of the data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Set and maintain systems/database standards across the company and develop training tools to support the staff
- Make performance adjustments of the system
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system/database challenges
- Create and manage database reports and dashboards
- Create automation for repeating tasks
- Be available for support as needed
- Document new features and changes made to applications
- Research and help implement the integration of software tools the company utilizes.
The Systems Administrator will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. Must be able to logically understand processes, priorities and goals of our system tools and build-outs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter and team player
- Familiarity with the principles of database design
- Good organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics
- A willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology
- Two years experience in database administration or related field
- Experience with cloud-based low-code application development
- Experience with QuickBase
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel