Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Notifications

Posted 07-01-2020 07:30
    I work for a University and we use Quick Base as the Course Manager.  Before each new semester we receive a data push of the 1300 new courses for the next semester and we have a php script to gather that data and use the Quick Base APIs to insert them into QuickBase in 500 course chunks.  So each one of these 1300 courses become 1300 records in a Course table in our Quick Base app.

After these records are created another script runs to add the initial user information to the records.  So there is a lot of add new records, modify new records happening at the same time.

We have a notification set to go off when new records are added and there are users put into these fields, so more processing.  These users are the staff responsible for the workflow after the new sections are added.

This notification has run for about 8 years now with no problems.  Within the last year we have heard from our staff that the notifications they receive have incomplete number of records.  I have tested this and I receive multiple emails that don't always add up to the total records that should have been created.  So if I added myself to 100 records in this process, I have received in the past a notification with 100 records in a report.  Now I could receive 8 emails totaling about 90 records listed.

I tried a subscription so the records have a chance to all get updated but I never receive the subscription and I have no idea when the subscription is generated and sent.  It would be nice if there was a time sent feature of the subscriptions.  

Has anyone else had this usecase of a complicated timing interfering with notifications?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Jeff Rohan
    ------------------------------