Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  How to make URL Buttons Larger?

Posted 11-30-2021 15:42
    Hi,
    I'm spending to much of the morning trying to understand how folks have done this.

I use the following formula to 'Submit' our forms and redirect users to a 'Thank You' page:
    URLRoot() & "db/" & AppID() &"?a=ShowPage&PageID=2&ifv=1"

I've been watching Quickbase Junkie's online guides for classes, but they don't make the buttons actually larger.
    I've found one older thread on here recommending using Get Bootstrap Buttons: https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/components/buttons/
    But I don't understand how to work their class code into a formula that won't generate syntax errors.

This is likely due to my inexperience with writing formulas in Quickbase, but my director specifically requested I make the 'Submit' buttons bigger, with larger font.  

Can anyone help point me in the right direction here?

Thank you!

Jen

------------------------------
    Jennifer Juhasz

• 2.  RE: How to make URL Buttons Larger?

Posted 11-30-2021 16:02
    The magic Buttons app in the exchange has examples of buttons which will also survive being emailed.
     These will be field type Formula Rich Text, so not URL.
    here is an example

var text ButtonColor = "blue"; //use hex code but most color names work

var text WordsColor = "white"; //typically this will be white or black

var text URL = [start break];

var text Words = "Break"; // use a formula

// Begin button style
    var text bgcolor = $ButtonColor;
    var text txtcolor = $WordsColor;
    var text style = "style=\"text-decoration: none; text-align: center; background:" & $bgcolor & "; "

& " width: 50px; " // width is optional otherwise will be as wide as the words

& " border-radius: 5px; padding: 6px 10px; color: " & $txtcolor & "; display: inline-block; font: normal 700 24px/1 \"Calibri\", sans-serif; text-shadow: none;";
    // End button style

"<a " & $style & " href=" & $URL & ">" & $Words & "</a>"

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: How to make URL Buttons Larger?

Posted 11-30-2021 16:29
    Hi Mark,
    Thank you so much for the prompt!  I had the Magic Buttons App installed months ago, but really haven't spent time on it, or working with Rich Text Fields within QuickBase.  Sometimes the array of options available to do what's needed is mystifying.  This solved it just perfectly:

Final results:
    "<a class=\"Vibrant Primary\" style=\"width:310px; text-align: center; font-size: 16px; font-family: Arial, Times, Sans-serif;\" href=\"__URL__" target=_blank><b>Save & Submit</b></a>"

Thank you again!

Jennifer Juhasz