Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Arrange order of field choices

Posted 01-20-2020 09:12
    Hello. I have a table containing different projects with each having 12 months and a corresponding value for each month. Then I set up this lookup field Month which is a reference proxy from that table and while the order of months is "ascending", I would like this Month field to show the order from January to December regardless of the project chosen. Can you please help with this? Should I add a formula on the form?
    #Tablesandfields #formulas #FormRule

​​​

------------------------------
    Ma. Isabel Gumanid

• 2.  RE: Arrange order of field choices

Posted 01-20-2020 11:04
    Isabel,

You need a Record Picker report that orders the data from the Parent Field.   

1) Assuming that you added the records to the Months table sequentially, you just need to create a report that sorts from low to high on Record ID# so that your users will see them January to December.

2) if the Record ID# is not in order, then you should add another Text field to the Months table.  Call it Sequence or some other name which makes sense to control the order of the records.  Then give January the value "A" and continue to December.    Now your Record Picker report should be sorted on Sequence from Low to High. 

In both of these examples, only put the name of the month in the report.  Do not include the Record ID# or the new field.

Last, on your form specify that the Record Picker report is to be used.  Here is picture specifying an Embedded report

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 3.  RE: Arrange order of field choices

Posted 01-20-2020 12:39
    Brilliant! Thank you so much for the help.

Ma. Isabel Gumanid