Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  HTML EMAIL

Posted 02-11-2018 18:58
    I don't know if anyone knows this or not (I didn't) but you can send HTML EMAIL by clicking on a User Field and entering raw HTML into the composition panel. Here are screenshots showing (1) the composition of email and (2) the receipt of the email in gmail;

QuickBase EMAIL User Form

GMAIL:

Well the fun does not stop there because knowing this native API and feature exists you can arrange with script to automatically send arbitrarily formatted EMAIL at the click of a button which might include field values and other styling. Check out this messages received in gmail and yahoo (I added some fancy Egyptian Hieroglyphs Unicode characters to the email template I used but you could use an animated GIF of your choice - or even your drab corporate logo if you company is not too hip and styling):

GMAIL:

YAHOO:

That email was composed without human intervention and automatically sent by clicking on the User List field in this view form:

The two users listed above represent my yahoo and gmail QuickBase user accounts.

I can't in this case post a public demo so you can try it yourself because you would have to be a registered user of the application and I can't extend registration to everyone that would like to exercise the demo. So feel free to contact me off-world if you want a feature like this:

https://getsatisfaction.com/people/dandiebolt

• 2.  RE: HTML EMAIL

Posted 05-06-2019 18:19

If you�re looking for a way to send responsive HTML email templates or newsletters from Gmail without the help of a designer, developer or coding knowledge, you should check out ContactMonkey�s solution for sending HTML emails from Gmail.

They have engineered a way in which you can easily create responsive HTML email templates with their easy to use drag and drop builder and then send straight from your Gmail to your mailing lists.

Here�s a step by step guide on sending HTML from Gmail:
     https://www.contactmonkey.com/blog/send-responsive-html-email-gmail

This is really great for internal communicators or internal marketers who want to send and track responsive employee newsletters from Gmail!

• 3.  RE: HTML EMAIL

Posted 05-06-2019 19:28
    Filza, in what way does this integrate with QuickBase, if any? It looks like it does not at all but I didn't spend much time looking. If you took the HTML your program made(do you provide the raw html?) could you just paste that into a QuickBase message to be sent, like shown above? Will all the features work this way, including all of the tracking stuff detailed on your site(like seeing if the email was opened)?

Looking on your website it seems like this is built only on top of Gmail in some way and that is what it is for. Nothing else.