Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  On Add - default Save Button to ""Save and keep working

Posted 04-18-2018 21:01
    When adding a new issue record I ask some prelim questions that I want answered before the user continues.  Is there a way I can default the Save button to only show the "Save and keep working" option?

Please note that I have not implemented IOL, so if your answer includes this, I would appreciate as much detail as possible.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: On Add - default Save Button to ""Save and keep working

Posted 04-20-2018 14:11
    Hi Elwyn,

Currently there is not a native option to force a form to default to the Save and Keep Working button over the standard Save buttons. It would most likely require the help of some custom scripting to help hide just the Save and Close or Alternatively hide all the save links on the table using the UI and then write a custom Save and Keep Working button. For those fields that need to be answered are they currently marked as required so the record cannot be saved till they are answered?

• 3.  RE: On Add - default Save Button to ""Save and keep working

Posted 05-14-2020 13:38
    Yes, I have the same scenario, there are required fields marked as such so the normal save button wont allow me to save. What is the suggestion for that case?

Im thinking on adding a checkbox to control preliminar/permanent save which can be used in a dynamic form rule to unrequire the fileds...
    But im looking for the way Quickbase users usually handle that scenario

------------------------------
    gustavo cota
    ------------------------------