Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Show a numeric field from a different table without creating a releationship

Posted 04-06-2017 05:04
    Hi Team,

I have a scenario where I have to show a numeric field without creating a relationship.

I have done the same thing for showing an attachment like this and it's working fine:

If([Country]="A",  "<a href="&URLRoot() & "up/" & [_DBID_TEST] & "/a/r100/e8/v0"&">Test 1 Link</a>",  If([Country]="B",  "<a href="&URLRoot() & "up/" & [_DBID_TEST] & "/a/r42/e8/v0"&">Test 2 Link</a>",  If([Country]="C",  "<a href="&URLRoot() & "up/" & [_DBID_TEST] & "/a/r28/e8/v0"&">Test 3 Link</a>",  If([Country]="D",  <a href="&URLRoot() & "up/" & [_DBID_TEST] & "/a/r36/e8/v0"&">Test 4 Link</a>"  ))))

Any workaround for this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Gaurav Sharma

• 2.  RE: Show a numeric field from a different table without creating a releationship

Posted 04-06-2017 06:42
    Without a relationship you will either need to push a button to do a query of the other table, or use a version of the IOL and script to automatically query those records and display the result.

Any reason why you want to avoid the relationship?

The "link" example you used above is because it is pulling a formulated URL, and not a value.

• 3.  RE: Show a numeric field from a different table without creating a releationship

Posted 05-24-2017 13:06
    Hi Matthew,

I have one table templates and forms where we manage all the forms and templates of organisations. So, I have created a formula text fields as above to show the Associates Handbook (Attachment field) link on the Associate's table which is based on the region.

Now, I want to trigger a notification based on the version of the handbook it means whenever we will update the version field then, a notification will trigger to all the associates.

Does this make sense to you?

Thank you,

Gaurav

• 4.  RE: Show a numeric field from a different table without creating a releationship

Posted 06-02-2017 16:22
    You will want to use a webhook to edit some field on all the associates that match your criteria,  That will then send the email as needed.  

Without a direct connection you will need to have a query in the Webhook.