Forum Discussion

Re: Pop up

Thanks Justin, that worked!

Two questions.

1. Do you know if there is a way to control the size and placement of the popup?
2. I modified by code to look like yours (I'm not great at the code, I mostly look at other code and modify). All my sample codes I follow, use single quotes, and I notice you use backslash. Typically, my code will look something like below. I could not figure out how to edit mine to include the Openpopup class, so I just changed everything from href and on to match yours. Is there a way I could have adjusted mine?

I know it has to do with me not understanding the usage and purpose of the backslashes and single quotes.

Sample button:
"<a style=\"text-decoration:none; background: #688EB3; border-radius: 5px; color: #ffffff; display: inline-block; padding: 4px 0px 0px 0px; width:145px; height:22px; text-align: center; text-shadow: none; border: 0px solid #030404; font-size: 12px \"href='"
& $ADD  //I tried to add in & "\" class=\"OpenAsPopup\" here, but that didn't work
& "'>Sample button text</a>"

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

1 Reply

JustinTorrence
    Qrew Cadet

@Michael Tamoush

1. I did some sleuthing through the file sources of the page and it looks like they set the width and height of the popup explicitly, so I think they would need to add support​ for us to pass those as a parameter to the onclick event. Definitely something to request in Quickbase Uservoice.
    2. I use the backslash as an escape character so that the formula builder doesn't interpret the double quote as an end to the string that I am giving. Your method should work if you don't use the single quote in html anywhere else. If you wanted to adapt my formula to yours, you should be able to just replace all of my \" with ' .

I've adjusted the "Sample Button" you provided:

var text ADD = "add";

"<a style='text-decoration:none; background: #688EB3; border-radius: 5px; color: #ffffff; display: inline-block; padding: 4px 0px 0px 0px; width:145px; height:22px; text-align: center; text-shadow: none; border: 0px solid #030404; font-size: 12px' href='" & $ADD & "' class='OpenAsPopup'>Sample button text</a>"

Justin Torrence
    Quickbase Expert, Jaybird Technologies
    jtorrence@jaybirdtechnologies.com
    https://www.jaybirdtechnologies.com/#community-post