Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I want a field that summaries if there are more than one same value in other field.

• 1.  I want a field that summaries if there are more than one same value in other field.

Posted 08-21-2017 15:23
    I want a field that says 1, 2, 3 or how many times there is the same number in another field. For example, if a field URID has number 90_101 twice. The field should say 2 for both records. Basically a summary field within a table.

• 2.  RE: I want a field that summaries if there are more than one same value in other field.

Posted 08-21-2017 15:57
    The only way i know to do that natively, is to make a Table of Unique URIDs.  Make the Key field be the URID #

Then make a Summary report grouped by URIDs in the details table and use the More button to copy to another table - and copy these unque URIDs to that table.

Then make a relationship back to the details table and make a summary of the # of details for each URID.  Then look that summary field up down to the details record.

That will work fine, except that you will need to update that table of Unique URID each day or so - or unless you have some other way of ensuring that the URID table has a list of all possible URIDs.