Forum Discussion

ThommangoThomma
Qrew Trainee
8 years ago

Display summary stats from 2 detail tables in one calculation

URRGG!  I'm a QB newbie and stuck on some basics.  The app is for a boating club.  I have a table of Members and a table recording the Hours Worked recording the volunteer work each member has completed. Each member promises to complete 20hrs of volunteering.  I'm trying to make a little pie chart that shows the club total number of hours worked and unworked.  To do so, I need a place where I can count the member records and sum the hours worked.  But finding a way to reference both tables seems to be eluding me.

After reading through previous posts, I've gleaned that I might also need a Statistics table, so I've added one of those and made both the Members and Hours Worked tables details of Statistics.  I thought it would be smooth sailing after that but I'm stuck on the shoals of things not working the way I would have guessed they should.  Much appreciate any help.

1 Reply

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Your "statistics" table that you made might be best considered a "Months" table.  You will want the Month ID (a text field) to be the key field of the table.  Use some unique ID link "Jan 2017", "Feb 2107", etc.

Then you can automatically relate the volunteer hours to the "months"
    (look up, formula relationships to get a better feel for how to do this).

Also I'd recommend using a Gauge report to show progress towards a goal, it might be more visual for the progress.