Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Using the response in all previous sections to narrow down the results

• 1.  Using the response in all previous sections to narrow down the results

Posted 11-21-2020 20:04
      |   view attached
    I have a quote table and form I'm trying to build - see attached. I'm using conditional fields to control the order in which drop downs can be accessed and therefor selected from.
    1. At the top of the order you select source (company who's products or services we will sell.
    2. Next is the group, which defines an organizational group of products or service. Using construction as an example, you might have Carpenters, Roofers, and Brick Masons as 3 different groups
    3. Next, units is per hour, per day, or package
    4. Next is Role/Category - If Roofers were the group, the role would be Demolition, Installation, and helpers.
    5. Sku is obvious.
    So, my challenge is this... I have a table where I have assembled all the data to select from, but I need to understand how to apply the logic so that when you select each successive answer, your responses in the next field will be limited by the previous selections. There's probably a simple name for that, but your help will be greatly apprecated.

Bonus: It would be fantastic if I could get to the Sku list drop down and see all the remaining fields (Desription, hourly rate, and payment option (prepaid vs billable)), so that when you select from the list it populates the remaining fields.

------------------------------
    Wade Myers

• 2.  RE: Using the response in all previous sections to narrow down the results

Posted 11-22-2020 11:00
    Start with this help article on Conditional Drop Downs and then feel free to post back if you get stuck.
    https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/conditional_dropdowns.html

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com