Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  How can I display a grid composed of different fields on a form? Is there a way to do so?

Posted 07-11-2017 19:32

• 2.  RE: How can I display a grid composed of different fields on a form? Is there a way to do so?

Posted 07-11-2017 19:35
    To do this natively on the form, put each ___ as a field like bench_set, bench_rep, etc. Then put those on the same line in the form elements page. 

• 3.  RE: How can I display a grid composed of different fields on a form? Is there a way to do so?

Posted 07-11-2017 19:45
    Another way is to have a table of Workouts, then the form consists of fields like Type (Curl, Bench), Sets, Reps, and Weight,. Then create a grid edit report. Could just use the report on a page or place it on another form. Edit mode would show grid edit, View mode would show the workout report.

• 4.  RE: How can I display a grid composed of different fields on a form? Is there a way to do so?

Posted 07-11-2017 19:50
    I think that would work, making a grid report and displaying it on this form. 

• 5.  RE: How can I display a grid composed of different fields on a form? Is there a way to do so?

Posted 07-11-2017 19:40
    I've built a gym management app, as part of it we create and manage the workout programs.

This is actually the app that we won the 2017 App-a-thon with at Empower.

This is only a fraction of what it does.  But should give you some ideas.

• 6.  RE: How can I display a grid composed of different fields on a form? Is there a way to do so?

Posted 07-11-2017 19:44
    Thanks Matthew, so with reference to my application, should I construct the fields Reps, Exercise, Set, Weight as fields? 

• 7.  RE: How can I display a grid composed of different fields on a form? Is there a way to do so?

Posted 07-11-2017 19:45
    As I also need a dashboard with analytics from these fields. 

• 8.  RE: How can I display a grid composed of different fields on a form? Is there a way to do so?

Posted 07-12-2017 03:54
    Are you looking for analytics on the types of movements they are performing, frequency, etc.  Or on the weight used?  Every sessions weight, or just the max used in the cycle?

How you construct it depends on how you want to use it, and how you might want the end user to interact with it.  I've done a few different versions for different needs.