Forum Discussion

BethBeth
Qrew Assistant Captain
6 years ago

Can I email a map report? Or a link to the report? I don't see the cute little email icon at the top of the report page.

It looks as if I can just copy the URL and email that, but is there another way that I am missing?

4 Replies

• Are you trying to email a static image, or an interactive page?
    The former could be done by printing the page on your browser.  The latter means emailing a link.
    BethBeth
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    I mostly want to let people know the report is available and how to access it, which I can't do from within QB, or at least not from the map report screen. :(
    I was looking for something like a standard (?) emailed report where it has both the report in the body of the email *and* a link to view it in QB. But I will live with it as it is, I guess.  Screenshot is a good idea for at least letting people know what it looks like plus giving them the link. Thanks!
  • A record can have a report link field type on the record, just exactly the same as when you have a parent record and it also lists child records on the form. The Form really does not care what type of report you specify, so it be a map report.

Then you can email the record and also provide a link to the report.

You may want to create a dummy table with just 1 record in it which will be Record ID# = 1.  Then the "details table" (no relationship is required though), you would have a formula field that also calculates to 1.  [Link to dummy form (=1)]

Then make a report link field on the dummy table and put the report link on the form and specify on the form to use the map report.

BethBeth
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Oh, cool! I will try that tomorrow when my brain is working again.
    Thanks!