Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  URL to edit record and refresh to same spot on the report

Posted 09-30-2017 19:16
    I have a table report with hundreds of records.  If I scroll down the report, let's say 2/3 of the way down, and I press the URL button to edit one of the records down there, I want it to REFRESH to the SAME SPOT on that report such that I will not have to scroll down again.  As it is, I always have to scroll down after each button press and this is painful when I am editing many records in this manner. 

I did use the following within my URL formula, and while it does refresh the page it does not go back to the same spot on the report.  In fact, it was not anywhere close to the same spot on the report. 

"javascript:" &
    "$.get('" & 
    $URL & 
    "',function(){" &
    "location.reload(true);" &
    "});" 
    & "void(0);

• 2.  RE: URL to edit record and refresh to same spot on the report

Posted 09-30-2017 21:49
    Only implemented this feature on display record pages (easy to extend to other pages). I did not implement your $.get() - only the scrolling restore on page reload.

Long Page Scroll Restore
    https://haversineconsulting.quickbase.com/db/bm5kmicy4?a=dr&rid=1

Pastie Database
    https://haversineconsulting.quickbase.com/db/bgcwm2m4g?a=dr&rid=605

• 3.  RE: URL to edit record and refresh to same spot on the report

Posted 02-23-2019 19:26
    I've implemented the instructions for scrolling restore on page reload and got it to work on a form.  However, when trying the same on another form which has a long embedded table report (34 records), it would not reload to the same scroll position halfway down the table report.  Any ideas why or a solution to get it to work?  Thanks!

• 4.  RE: URL to edit record and refresh to same spot on the report

Posted 03-17-2019 21:49
    Did you ever resolve this?

If not, it sounds like the local storage isn't saving the spot correctly. Try capturing the position and adding it to the end of the url. Then parse the value and scroll to it after the page load. 

• 5.  RE: URL to edit record and refresh to same spot on the report

Posted 05-12-2021 11:45
    Any thoughts on how to implement this "Return to location" on report functionality now that Javascript in buttons is not allowed?

------------------------------
    Mike Gerrity

• 6.  RE: URL to edit record and refresh to same spot on the report

Posted 05-12-2021 11:49
    There is a technique to replace the quiet pop up so as to not refresh the report at all.  But perhaps in your use case you still need the report refreshed. The technique to click a button and not lose your place on a report though is too complicated to be able to be communicated on this Forum.   it would need some consulting time to implement.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com