Forum Discussion

MikeSanders
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Creating Relationships For 3 Tables

Table 1 fields are Project Name and Site ID
Table 2 fields are MS1 Date and MS2 Date
Table 3 fields are Pole Name and Cost

How do I create the relationships for Table 3 to produce a report with the following info:

Project Name, Site ID, Cost, MS1 Date

Tables 1 and 2 have a 1 to 1 relationship
Tables 2 and 3 have a 1 to many relationship

Any help is greatly appreciated!

------------------------------
Mike S

5 Replies

• Would need to know a bit more about your structure, but in general, you need to get the fields you need to your 'common' table. In this case, everything is somehow tied to Table 2.

So take your fields from Table 1 and get them to table 2. Then from Table 2, take those fields and get them to table 3.

I use the words 'get them' because it will be a lookup field or summary field depending on how all your tables are connected.

Mike Tamoush
      MikeSanders
      Qrew Member
      Thanks for your help!  Any idea what would cause Active Project - MS1 (date field) to be empty.  This report comes from Table 3.

Mike Sanders
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander
        Do you have 2 tables, one called projects and one called active projects? My hunch is that you have 2 relationships, Active projects is a parent to this table, and Projects is a parent to this table.

I say that because QB defaults lookup fields with table name, then field. So I suspect Active Project - MS1 is a lookup field from a table called Active Projects. So my hunch is that you have not selected an 'Active Project' in this table. ie, the parent isn't selected.

Mike Tamoush