Forum Discussion

ChrisSwirtz3
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Saving a record to be completed later with Required fields

My client is looking for a user to be able to start a New Space Request and at any point be able to save where they are to be able to come back later to finish it and submit it. However, they also want several fields to be required in order to ultimately submit the request. Of course having all those fields required won't let the user save in the middle to come back later. Any suggestions on how to make this scenario work?

------------------------------
Chris Swirtz

2 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    You will need to make a formula field to list the missing fields and show that as a warning at the top of the form.
    var text warnings =
    List("<br>",
    if(trim([field 1])="", "Missing field 1"), // example of a text field
    if(isnull([field 2]), "Missing field 2"), // example of a numeric field where blank not treated as null
    etc.... )

IF($Warnings<>"","<font color=red>" & $Warings)

Then let them chnage a status to "Submitted" only when the warnings are cleared.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChrisSwirtz3
      Qrew Member
      Thanks Mark, that sounds complicated. I actually just ended up adding an "*" to the end of all the field names that were supposed to be required in order to submit a request to mark them as required but didn't actually turn on the Required function for those fields until they checked the "I certify... " checkbox which is the last thing they do before they can try to submit, that way they can still save a partially filled out request to finish later but if they miss a required field they won't be able to submit it.

Chris Swirtz