Forum Discussion

AlexBartholomew
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Unique Individuals

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create a summary report that shows a list of clients that are not repeated clients. The date range is from 8/1/22 - 7/31/23. Starting in August all clients are new, however when September happens I need to see only new clients. I was thinking about creating a formula in the summary report but have not idea on how to isolate new clients or to check the previous month to see if the client has already come in. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this or any suggestions? I have clients that have been listed from previous years but this report is to focus on the next 12 months.

------------------------------
Alex Bartholomew

4 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    Can you tell us what the definition is of a new client? The date created of the client record, or just one client have many billing records or something like that.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AlexBartholomew
      Qrew Member
      Hello Mark,

The definition of a new client would be someone that has not visited our office before. I do have a field called [Client - date created] which lists the date when the client was created. I had just found this field after I created the post. 

The challenge is that on our Clients table we have parents and children entered as clients. The Relationship table was created to connect parents to children in a relationship. A parent comes once a month per child and we track that on our Visits table. I have created a summary and table reports and have narrowed down the clients by the parents only to start tracking our new clients. I can only count the parent once they come in even if the parent has more than one child. I can not count them again the next month if they came in again. My plan now since I have the reports created is to download to CSV file and remove the duplicate ID# to give me an accurate number since I can not figure out a way to do this in QuickBase.

Let me know if you need more clarification.

Thank you for your help Mark,
      Bart

Alex Bartholomew
    MarkShnier__You
    Qrew #1 Challenger
    One Client has many Visits

A "new" Client as of last month is one where the # of Visits last month = number of visits.

Create a summary field for the [# of visits].
    ​Create another summary field for the [# of visits last month] where visit date is during the previous 1 month.

Run a Report on Clients where [# of visits] = [# of visits last month].

If you also need a report on going during the month of number of clients in the current month then do something similar but make a summary field for  ​[# of visits this month]

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AlexBartholomew
      Qrew Member
      Thank you Mark for your help.

Bart

Alex Bartholomew