Forum Discussion

DavidPontier1
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago

Hoping to learn more

Right now our company is moving from Sales Force to Quick Base for handling our quotes and opportunity management.  I am able to offer our sales team with competitive performance and big improvements in several areas, but there are some concessions we have to make and I would like to learn how to minimize those as much as possible.

------------------------------
David Pontier

2 Replies

• Hi David,

What are some of the concessions you are dealing with right now?

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base
      DavidPontier1
      Qrew Cadet
      Right now there doesn't seem to be any way to transfer file attachments from Salesforce to QB.  The connected data link isn't working right either, so we have to do a manual dump to excel and then load it back in.  There are also imbedded tables in Salesforce that we can't access for the transfer.  We can duplicate them in QB no problem, but we will lose historical data.  Also, there are multiline text fields in SF, that when we export and import back in turn into a block of text with no line breaks.

Most of what will happen in the change will be positive, but we anticipate a few people in the sales department being upset about losing some of the history or having to use two systems to retrieve old attachments until we get far enough along in QB.  Also, we plan to keep one SF license for at least a year so we can access a lot of the historical data and that will probably cost us a fortune.

I've scheduled a one-on-one tech bar session to review this on Wednesday morning.

David Pontier