Forum Discussion

MichaelMurphree
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Adding a record

I am close to completing a Sales CRM for my organization.  I have structured it in a way that "forces" the user to create all required records to support an opportunity.

However, using the "+" icon on the top right ribbon of the QuickBase application breaks the continuity, i.e., it will allow a user to create a contact without any associated company, an opportunity without an associated contact, a solution without an associated opportunity, etc.  Is there any way to restrict the user from accessing the "+" icon?

------------------------------
Michael Murphree

2 Replies

• Some tables are naturally only child tables. In those cases it is very normal not to allow users to add a child directly but instead only add a child with logic off a button on the parent record. That way you will not have orphans created.

If you go into settings for the rules of the user interface there is a checkbox to hide the add record button. That is different from blocking permission to actually add records because of course if a user is launching off a parent record to add a child they do have permission to add the child. But it will remove the add child buttons from appearing on the table homepage report and also that circle plus icon you saw.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MichaelMurphree
      Qrew Member
      Genius!  You bailed me out again, Mark!  Thx for the assist.

Michael Murphree