Forum Discussion

MichaelJameson
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Adding Text to Reports Summary Table

I made a report where I can look at various project data (total project size, total project profit etc)
This report is sorted and grouped by salesperson
At the bottom of this report I have a summary table
I made filters on this report so that it only shows certain projects: project status is equal to complete / profit is NOT equal to 100% (sometimes projects get completed but there is no cost accounting associated with the project, obviously this is bad data and I filter this out) just to give examples of my filters on this report

When I presented this data to my supervisor, they were confused and wanted to see the filter criteria (I know they can easily access this by looking at the report settings, but they are not very tech savvy)
So they requested that I add text next to the report summary table listing all my filters; I can't figure out how to do this
- can I use a report formula?

Any help is greatly appreciated

------------------------------
Michael Jameson

2 Replies

• Are you referring to the old style table report where there is a recap summary at the bottom of the report?  But actually regardless of your answer, the only way to add a description to the report is to use the description box in the report configuration and you will have to transcribe the essence of the filters into that Description box.  The Description will appear at the top of the report

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MichaelJameson
      Qrew Trainee
      Yes, I was referring to the old style table report.  Adding the filters into the report description works perfectly, thank you Mark

Michael Jameson