Forum Discussion

KejiDalemo
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Automation guidance for recording changes to a multiple choice field

Hello,

I would like to record the changes made to a multiple choice text field, the data I would like logged is date and time, and quickbase user that modified the record. I have this already for two other tables. The table that i'm trying to add this automation to has an existing automation for this same action, but I am having difficulties replicating the change, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

At the moment the log will only record one of the multiple choice options, so everytime I change the status it will show the quickbase user who made the change, and the date and time of change but the status is the same. There are 6 multiple choice options, and the log will only record the details of choice 1.

------------------------------
Keji Dalemo

11 Replies

• If you were saying that the automation is only triggering when a particular choice is selected then I would review the automation and look at what your trigger conditions are.

If you were saying that the automation is triggering properly except the information being written is incorrect then you need to look at the action step in the automation to see what it is set to do.
    If you still can't figure it out can you post some screenshots of the automation trigger and the automation step?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KejiDalemo
      Qrew Member

Hello Mark,

I hope you recall this issue, I attach the screenshots of the automation settings:

The field that I want changes logged for is the 'CA Review' field. In screenshot 91, at the bottom, you see the log and that all changes recorded are only for one of the options for the 6 available in the multiple choice text field..

Regards

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Keji Dalemo (Ms)
      CTU Manager

ICNARC

Napier House

24 High Holborn

London 

WC1V 6AZ

Tel 020 7269 9288

Email keji.dalemo@icnarc.org
      www.icnarc.org

Do not send patient identifiable data in any email correspondence.  Attachments must meet NHS encryption requirements.  See below for more details.

This email (and any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in error), please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this email is strictly forbidden.

In addition, please note that patient identifiable data (e.g. name, date of birth, NHS Number) should not be included in any email correspondence. Any trial/study patients should be referred to by their trial/study number.

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Can you provide a screen shot which shows the filter.  You will need to twist open the > to see the filter.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com