Forum Discussion

ScottWilliams
Qrew Member
9 months ago

Coverting old javascript to qb formula

I've got a formula that was created before javascript was banned from outside codepages. I need to convert the code below so that it will run. Any suggestions?

var text style =  "style=\"text-decoration: none; border: 2px solid white; width:140px; padding: 12px 0; background: " & $bgcolor & "; text-align: center; color: " & $txtcolor & "; display: inline-block; font: normal 24px/1 \"Calibri\", sans-serif; text-shadow: none;";

"<div style=\" position:relative; width:960px; padding: 2px 0; height: auto; \">" & 

"<a " & $style & " href=\"javascript:" & "$.get('" & [Add Blood Collection Kit] &
    "', function(){" & "location.reload();" & "});" & "void(0);\">Blood Collection Kit</a>" &

"</div>"

It's the href that's giving the issue the problem is I don't understand how to recreate this functionality without javascript. I've read the 'Configure URL Fields' document and have been through the QB University but I'm still at a loss. 

------------------------------
Scott

2 Replies

• Your button is simply making an API call it seems and then reloading the page. The assumption I'm making is that 'Add Blood Collection Kit' is a URL hitting something in QB. If it's hitting an external endpoint or something more complicated you'll need to employ a code page solution.

If this is a QB API call for Add block collection kit - you can do something like this: 

var url = [Add Blood Collection Kit] & "&rdr=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=DoRedirect&z=" & Rurl());

"<div style=\" position:relative; width:960px; padding: 2px 0; height: auto; \">" & 

"<a " & $style & " href='" & $url "' & "void(0);\">Blood Collection Kit</a>" &

"</div>"

The doredirect is how QB will hit its own API and then simply land you back on the page you came from. 

Chayce Duncan
      ScottWilliams
      Qrew Member

Thank you! That works great. 

Scott