Forum Discussion

Raymond_MarlonT
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Dropdown List

Hi,

May I know how can I create a dropdown list field with the list of all Users in a particular App? And use this same field to create a report to show and filter the logs of the current user.

Kindly advise.

Thanks!  

------------------------------
Raymond

2 Replies

• Hi Raymond,

The easiest way to do this is to create a new field and specifically chose the option to create a new User field, it appears in the field type option when you make a new field. This field will then draw from Quick Base users and if you want you can even go into the field settings and dictate it only draw from a specific list of users that you put in if you want to narrow it down even further. Then once that field exists when you go to build reports and you select that field you will be presented with the option on your new user field to only show records that are the current user. The same is true for building permissions for users. I hope that suggestion is helpful.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base
      Raymond_MarlonT
      Qrew Trainee

Hi @Evan Martinez, Community Manager,

Regarding the field type User or List User, how come when I create this field and use the table I can't see my name in the list? I can only see user who are participants. While I am the administrator for the App. How can i fix it so can be included in the list of User?

Kindly advise.​

Raymond