Forum Discussion

JackWoods
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Exact Forms Customization & Report Columns

Hey Everyone,

I have been trying (Keyword "Trying") to work with Exact Forms for one of my QB apps and have found that it's very customizable and fun to work with but has some limitations and can be very "clunky" for lack of a better work. particularly with column size and report customization. I wanted to know if you have any tips on how I can change the color of my column headers. The column headers are opaque when I go into the print form functionality. Please see image attached. 

GENERAL QUESTION: I'm using exact forms to generate PDFs to be be used outside of QuickBase as an easy to use email attachments for external clients/users. If the community has any experience or suggestions on how to optimize this out-of-the-box functionally  it would be greatly appreciated!

------------------------------
Jack Woods

5 Replies

• Just to be clear, you are trying to use the native Exact Forms functionality, and not interested in say the Juiced Add on for their Exact Form Plus?​

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JackWoods
      Qrew Trainee
      I've looked into Juiced and am Interested but I'm trying to get the most of the standard Exact Forms right now. Any solution to the column header issue with the out of the box Exact Form?

Jack Woods
        KirkTrachy1
        Quickbase Staff
        Hi Jack:

The "Native" version of Exact Forms starts by using a Word document template to convert Word to and HTML page and publish the HTML to a Page inside your application.  If you want more control over the columns, you can insert a table into your Word document so you have structure and after you get it the way you like, you can then hide the borders of the table and republish.  In the end the native Exact form feature uses Microsoft Word to generate an HTML page and publishes it to a "Page" in your application.

If you like you can go directly into your app and create the HTML page with your own html and css.  You can actually use the Word template to start and then edit your "Page's" html to make post publishing changes if you wish.

There is an app in the app exchange that shows this entitled, "ABC Exact Forms Example".

We cover things like this in our daily "Office Hours" webinars held each M-F at 1pm Eastern time.  This is an open Q&A opportunity for customers to ask any question they'd like about QuickBase.

Kirk Trachy , Senior Solutions Consultant
        QuickBase | 603-674-5454 M | ktrachy@quickbase.com