Forum Discussion

JoshuaReavis
Qrew Member
3 years ago

How can I have one column pull data from another, from the row above?

I am trying to develop a form that will allow us to monitor how full something is.  On Day 1 it is 0, Day 2 would be an initial of 0, with volume added throughout the previous 24 hours.  In order to calculate the daily totals, I would need to source from separate rows and columns...  Is there a way to do this?  Please see the attached image.  Any help this community can provide would be greatly appreciated!

------------------------------
Josh Reavis

4 Replies

• Are you saying that you want to sort of daisy chain the lookup so that the values form one record flow to another?  That can be done, but the key field of the table would need to be the date and you would need to load every date (typically via an excel upload).  In the screen shot attached you have missing sequential dates.

I can explain more if that is your scenario.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JoshuaReavis
      Qrew Member
      More or less, yes?  There are equations and calculations done based on how much volume accumulates during any given interval; anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks in between data collection.

Joshua Reavis
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        You can relate a table to itself. 

If there is a way to calculate the previous date, then the relationship can be based on a formula, or else, you would need to manually edit each date record to select the previous date record to lookup from.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com