Forum Discussion

ToddLeavitt
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Month or quarter date formula

I need to specify a date, either the 20th of the month, or the 30th of the last month of the quarter, depending on whether Monthly or Quarterly is selected in the Sales Tax Due Date field. I can get it to post for a specific day, but i want the formula to calculate the actual date based on the last day of the previous month. Thoughts?

------------------------------
Todd Leavitt

1 Reply

• I'm not sure I understand your scenario, can you answer the following questions?

From what you've written, it sounds like you have a record with a Text-Multiple Choice field - 'Sales Tax Due Date'. This field has 2 options - Monthly and Quarterly. You want a Formula-Date field that calculates as follows:
    1. For Monthly, you want it to calculate the 20th of the month.
      1. Should this be the 20th of the Current month? Or the Next month? Or should this be the 20th of the month following another date field on the record?
      2. You mention using the 'last day of the previous month' - how do you mean? If I'm calculating the 20th of the month, the last day of the previous month has no relevance to the 20th.
    2. For Quarterly, you want it to calculate the 30th of the last month of the quarter.
      1. Should this be for the Current Quarter? Or the Next Quarter? Or should this be the Quarter following another date field on the record?

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/