Forum Discussion

Winss
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Multiple if without leaving else part

I want to use multiple if in my formula multi-select where I'm searching for some text in the list & if a text is found then i have to give null output but if not found then a list as output I want to do this in multiple ifs
Most of the multiple if in QuickBase community is about not have else conditions.
so instead of if(condition1, TrueStatement1, condition2, TrueStatement2) or if(condition1, TrueStatement1, if(condition2, TrueStatement2, if(cond3,TrueStat3))) I want something like if(cond1, TrueStat1, FalseStat2, if(cond2,TrueStat2,FalseStat3, if(cond3,TrueStat3, FalseStat3)))
Please help to solve this.

------------------------------
Winss Albo

4 Replies

• Any kind of logic is possible but I think we would need an actual example of the data in some fields and the results you want in order to help you with that formula.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      Winss
      Qrew Trainee

Here is the code. The formula is multi-select. I'm tracking what are pending processes.

If(Contains([Combined Text Completed Processes],"Process 1"),split(""),Split("Process 1"),

if(Contains([Combined Text Completed Processes],"Process 1") and Contains([Combined Text Completed Processes],"Process 2"),split(""),Split(List(" ; ","Process 1","Process 2")),

if(Contains([Combined Text Completed Processes],"Process 1") and Contains([Combined Text Completed Processes],"Process 2") and Contains([Combined Text Completed Processes],"Process 3"),split(""),Split(List(" ; ","Process 1","Process 2","Process 3")),

if(Contains([Combined Text Completed Processes],"Process 1") and Contains([Combined Text Completed Processes],"Process 2") and Contains([Combined Text Completed Processes],"Process 3") and Contains([Combined Text Completed Processes],"Process 4"),split(""),Split(List(" ; ","Process 1","Process 2","Process 3","Process 4"))​

Winss Albo
        BlakeHarrison
        Qrew Captain
        Ok, but can you provide an example of what the "Combined Text Completed Processes" values look like along with an example of the output you expect the formula to produce for each of the examples you provided for the field? Example:

Field Value                      Expected Formula Value
        Process 2; Process 3          Two and Three
        Process 4                              Four

Blake Harrison
        bharrison@datablender.io
        DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
        Atlanta GA
        404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/