Forum Discussion

DanFlaherty
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

4 Table Filtered pick lists in forms

I have 4 tables - "Farms" which has many "Parcels" which has many "crop zones" which has many "loads".  When I enter a new load I would like to pick the "Farm" from one pick list, and the "Field - cropzone" from a pick list that is filtered based on the farm that was selected.  I had this working a couple days ago, broke something and so far can not figure out how to get it back.  The "Related Farm" pick list works fine.  The "Crop Zone - Parcel Name" Pick list shows me the Crop zone Name - Acres, but does not show me the Parcel Name.  When it was working I could pick a "Farm" such as Eitens, and then the next pick list would filter down so only the parcels that were part of Farms.  So I would get an option in the 2nd pick list that looked like this   1st   -  "Eitens - Corn - 46 Acres",     2nd  --  "Eitens - Soybeans - 30 Acres".  Currently I get 1st   "Corn -46 Acres" and 2nd  "Soybeans - 30 Acres."   Not a big problem in this case, but I could get a farm with 10 parcels in it that each has 2 crop zones in it.  This would make the pick list pretty useless without filtering it further.  Any Ideas how I can get this working again?  The fewest number of Pick lists I can get away with would be great.

Thanks

7 Replies

• Might be something simple with the settings on the conditional drop-down. Double check the field settings on your second drop-down and make sure it's using the first drop-down as it's proxy to filter options
  • The filtering part is working correctly, its that I need one more field to get displayed in the 2nd dropdown.  2nd drop down was giving me a "Parcel Name - Crop Zone Name - Crop Zone Acres".

Now it is only giving me "Crop Zone Name - Crop Zone Acres".    I lost the Parcel Name in that pick list somehow.
  • Ah have you checked the record picker options for that table? Think you can use that or a report for the drop-down options
  • Yep, I've tried that too.  I can pick Parcel Name, Crop Name, or the Crop Zone Acres field from the record picker, but that limits it down and only gives me whatever is chosen in the record picker.  So I go from two out of the three things down to one out of the 3 fields I am after if I choose anything other than the standard record picker.
  • You have two choices.

In the advanced properties for the table you can specify up to 3 Record Picker fields. Those are what will get offered to users by default when you allow a drop down to use the default Record Picker fields.

Alternatively, you can create any report you like. Including any sort and filter, Then set th form properties for that drop down field to use that report.
  • Thanks, that seems to work using the report for showing what I wanted.  Doesnt seem like that is how I had it set up before, but it works and gets me to where I wanted to be.

Thank You!