Forum Discussion

MichaelArmstron
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Ability to change the location of the Tabs

First off, love the new Tabs! Love the direction it's going with the customization and things. I just had a request to change the way tabs work slightly.

It would be awesome to, when using tabs, be able to choose a location for them on the form. Right now, any time a new tab is added it automatically chooses the very first section at the top of the form by adding a "Tab 1" to the top. But it would be great to include general information at the top of the page "above" the tabs that stays when switching between tabs. So the location of the Tabs is dependent on where the first one is placed. 

The screenshot is an example of moving general info to above the tabs so you can keep it for reference when working in any tab.

4 Replies

• Thanks for the ad! I like to keep to basics as much as I can when using Quick Base. Being a quick response team, Quick Base responded to my support case about it and said it actually IS something that is already in their pipeline based on other requests from multiple accounts!

So for other people who run across this looking for the same functionality, open a support case! Also there is a spot on http://quickbase.uservoice.com/ to input the request as well. 
      MCFNeil
      Qrew Captain
      p.s. We gave this away to everybody that came to empower.  Its a pretty easy code.  

But if you like the native, its all good.  And i'm glad to hear they are planning to make it more functional.
  • Thx for the link. I gave you 3 votes on that one and would encourage others to give some votes too.  (We get our votes back when the do the enhancement).

It's a really good idea as there is always basic record identification fields at the top of the form and you don't want to be repeating them all down the form in tabs and in any event you cannot duplicate a data entry field on multiple places on the form.