Forum Discussion

ScottRoache
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Add file to QB from Microsoft Flow

I'm trying to run a MS Flow that posts a file to quickbase when a file is created in OneDrive for Business folder.

The file needs to be base64 encoded.

I can get the file to Quickbase but I cannot open it. This happens with Excel, or PDF's.

I'd like to get some thoughts out there on where I'm going wrong.

Here's a sanitized flow

Method HTTP POST 

*Uri https://mydomain.quickbase.com/db/bjpvjalec?a=API_AddRecord

Headers Quickbase-Action API_AddRecord Content-Type application/xml

Body:

<qdbapi> <udata>mydata</udata> <field fid="24" filename=" File name_"> _base64(triggerBody())_ </field> <usertoken>myAuthenticationToken</usertoken> </qdbapi>

3 Replies

• Hi Scott,

When passing the file into Quick Base does it show up attached to the record correctly? By not being able to open it do you mean when you click on the link you aren't able to download it to your desktop or device?
  • Thanks for the reply. It's solved. But to answer-The file attached to the record correctly. I was able to download it but it wouldn't open-basically saying it was corrupt.

It was solved by removing the carriage returns in the flow body. Once I removed the carriage return the file was readable.
  • Hi ,

How did you manage to solve this? I want to see post my file to QuickBase. In Quickbase I want to click on my file attachment and view the content of the file - instead I see encrypted content in the file. See below...

This is my flow...similar to the flow above,

From SharePoint, I am able to get File Name and File URL into QuickBase...works well!

When I click on the link to view the document content...this is what I see...

How to I go about getting the correct content in my doc?