Forum Discussion

4 Replies

SuryaExpert
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Not a native solution. But there are API calls that you can make, with a script. Google QuickBase API Calls and you will see for this task.
  • The proper way to do this is to create groups and then assign groups to apps.
    So for example you make a group call Customer Service Reps,  Suzi leaves the company and Fred join as her replacement Customer Service trainee.  You just put Fred into the Group and boom, he has access to he 5 apps that he needs to do his job.

Trying to onboard new hires into an environment which has many Quick Base apps is a losing game unless you organize your staff into groups and then have the internal discipline to not assign users to apps but main groups to app for their permissions..

group names are global across all of Quick Base, so I suggest a naming convension like

mycompany.Customer.Service.Reps
    mycmpany.all.managers
    mycompany.all .sales.reps
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      If you have Realm level permissions then you can create a group by going to the the My Apps page and then manage my account at the right side.

Group names are global across all of Quick Base, so i suggest a clean naming convention like

mycompanyinitials.Customer_Service

so like
      xyz.Customer_Service
      or 
      xyz.Customer.Service