Forum Discussion

AndrewLandry
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Adding records (tasks) more effectively

Curious if anyone can think of a more effective way to add multiple child records other than one by one and import. My users are adopting the tool but they love grid edit to update multiple records at once. A method to allow them to add multiple records, without the potential mistakes that can be made by importing (something I'd like to avoid), would be great. Perhaps this is a question for the developers but wondering if anyone has discovered something I haven't.

4 Replies

• Unlimited number of Records can be added in Grid Edit mode, if that helps As you use up lines on the grid, more will appear.

There are many ways to create child records more easily than the traditional one by one.

Can you describe your use case? What are these children.
  • Hi Andrew,
    On my Projects table form, I changed the tasks report "Embedded  for Projects"  to editable.  There is a checkbox in the Elements tab of the form editor that you can use for this. That way when a user adds the tasks it will save to the correct project.
  • Now I feel silly :). I have an embedded report and they can use the grid edit to create multiple records. They can even copy and past from a spreadsheet. So...ignore this one but thanks anyway. 
  • No problem. In my experience, sometimes you have to use different browsers with Quick Base to get the most out of it.

For pure speed pretty much all we developers prefer Chrome.

But if you have users who are going to be copying from Microsoft Excel, into Grid Edit you will probably find that iExcel plays nicely with Microsoft Internet Explorer or whatever they call their browser these days.