Forum Discussion

BrianHunot1
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Aligning fields with each other and or the right side of the page

I've been searching for a way to align numeric fields so that you can read them easily and the document looks polished. I've spent quite a lot of time already inserting 'blank' text form elements, saving it, going back to look at it, adding another one, saving it, etc. There must be an easier way. I am thinking it may involve a code page. The pdf attached here is after quite a bit of form element wrangling, and can all be undone by adding another field. But it takes a long time and now that I have many forms for different users, would have to repeat this process over and over. Any ideas or workarounds out there? Thank you.

------------------------------
Brian Hunot

2 Replies

• 1. QuickBase is in the process of rewriting forms which have been basically unchanged for the last 20 years. If you go to the my apps page you can get feedback and the product manager will see that. Since they are in development mode they will be interested in all forms suggestions.

2. if you use the third-party add-on from Juiced then you can control the alignment. https://www.juicedtech.com/exact-forms-plus

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BrianHunot1
      Qrew Cadet

Hey Mark, thank you. I agree Forms are long overdue, not just for a refresh, but some serious UI upgrades. It would be nice for someone who actually uses them daily to be involved in the update process. I will definitely continue to leave feedback on forms on their page. I have been using Exact Forms, not the plus version offered by Juiced. It does work, but it takes a long time fighting formatting within MS Word, and it keeps defaulting to a Web Layout view. There is a similar option to exact forms that uses MS Excel from another vendor that would be easier to use for this kind of thing, but the price is quite high.

Brian Hunot