Forum Discussion

QuentinFleischf
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago

ALM Table-to-Table Imports Alternative Solution

• I understand, with ALM activated, table-to-table imports do not work within Automation's.
  • I understand, with ALM activated, I am physically able to go into the configuration for a table-to-table import and manually trigger it.
  • What, if anything, is a valid work around to overcome this issue with ALM activated?
I have a number of fields across a number of tables that have two instances for each field - a 'read' and a 'view' - that, based on a users permissions, may get out of sync.
Previously, I would run an automated table-to-table import on each table on each occasion a record was added / modified and a trigger was activated. I would also run a catch all table-to-table import across all tables on a daily routine to pick up any mismatches triggered by the rollover to the next day.

I have a need to keep ALM activated and work in a sandbox for an extended period. This means currently I am having to go in manually on a daily basis to trigger the table-to-table imports. Frustrating and inefficient.

I have played around in Automation's and can see I can trigger what I need to on a single record only basis and only when the trigger is add / modify.

Is there anyway I can trigger this on all records for all tables on a daily schedule? Or am I screwed?

------------------------------
Quentin Fleischfresser

4 Replies

• Bringing this thread to the top.

I am also experiencing the same issue. Whenever I activate sandbox, the automation that has Table to Table import action step in the live app throws out the below error message. 

API not allowed when ALM is enabled, ALM production application cannot import data from one table to another.

I need to be able to turn on sandbox for a long time without affecting the live app. What is the workaround for this issue?

Bibhav Rimal
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion

I suggest that you contact support, last I heard heard was no work-around, other than not having saved T2T imports and doing them a different way like with a Pipeline.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        BibhavRimal
        Qrew Trainee

If I create a pipeline for the same automation and activate sandbox, will I get the same error message? Do you know?

Bibhav Rimal