Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
4 years ago

Any trick to getting a concatenated text list with more than 150 items?

Essentially, I am trying to get a combined text list with more than 150 items (closer to 1500). As this cannot be done with a combined text field, are there other work arounds?

My use case:

Cost Table: Includes records with a project ID and amount
Invoice table: Includes records with a project ID and amount

Their only common table is a parent table called Project ID. Table Project ID has many Costs, and many invoices.

I want to check if a particular ID/Cost in the Invoice table, exists in the costs table. A simple way is to make a Formula Text field in my cost table called IDandCost.

Summarize that up to the Project ID Parent, then lookup back down to Invoice table. A simple 'Contains' formula can check. However, this is only good if my summary field has 150 or less entries. It has closer to 1000+.

How can I accomplish this goal? My only thought right now is a synced table where IDandCost is the key field, and work the magic that way. Is there a quicker/easier solution?

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

6 Replies

DonLarson
    Qrew Commander
    Is there a Pipeline call that will iterate through the table and then write a single field in the parent?   Not very hard in PHP but I am not aware of the corresponding logic in Pipelines.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      I bet there is Jinja syntax to take the result of a Pipeline Search and concatenate it together.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        But a far better solution will be a Formula Query. The only trouble is you probably have to wait a month or two to get early access to that feature.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com