Forum Discussion

EricaErica
Qrew Member
8 years ago

Anyone have luck with exporting dashboard home pages to .pdf's that are readable and consumable by an executive audience?

Looking to be able to export dashboards in a printer and presentation (ie. power point) friendly way that is legible versus the tiny print that I currently getting.

3 Replies

• I also would like to see this feature.

Dashboards seem to be a great way to collect up relevant data for a particular audience. However, some readers still prefer a PDF view email, that they can print rather than review online.

I have found a work around, use the print option on the dashboard you want to generate a report from. Then use the zoom feature on your browser to increase to 140% or 150% zoom. This will re-size the view you see of the dashboard in print preview mode, and you can then print to PDF.

It works,... but to be honest there really should be a simpler way where the user can select 'create pdf' and this all happens automatically, including sizing as needed to avoid font size < 12 (well this could be up to the user to specify).

Ideally the PDF would then retain hyperlink capabilities. I would use this to have a link to the dashboard - therefore hopefully converting the readers overtime to using the dashboard live, once they understand that is a better way to see the information.
  • I would really like this ability as well. Having a way to send an 'Executive' home page as a weekly Subscription alert would be great. In our case, the audience requesting these weekly summarized reports (multiple reports from multiple tables) are the decision makers who will determine budget to expand QuickBase into other business areas. When we tell them in order to send via email we need to manually build the 'report' with Snag-it etc...they have doubts about QB....