Forum Discussion

LizChartrand
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Anyway to convert RichText or Multi-Select Text fields into a numerical Value? (trying to Query of a result)

Hello,

I am getting stuck trying to make a rich text/multi-select text result value into an actual numeric value ,
I have the following Formula rich Text Field which will result in a specific dollar amount,
var text NextLease =
"{6.EX.'"&[Related Unit]&"'}AND{168.EX.''}AND{142.XEX.'Application in Process'}AND{291.XEX.'Yes'}AND{475.EX.'"& [Query Next Valid Lease (Renewals)] &"'}";
SearchAndReplace(ToText(GetFieldValues(GetRecords($NextLease,[_DBID_RENTAL_DETAIL]),69)), ";" , "<br>")

Alternatively, this is what I have for the Multiselect version of this field
var text NextLease =
"{6.EX.'"&[Related Unit]&"'}AND{168.EX.''}AND{142.XEX.'Application in Process'}AND{291.XEX.'Yes'}AND{475.EX.'"& [Query Next Valid Lease (Renewals)] &"'}";
SearchAndReplace(ToText(GetFieldValues(GetRecords($NextLease,[_DBID_RENTAL_DETAIL]),69)

However, this isn't a true value, it looks like a dollar amount, but the system is not fooled!
Is there a way for me to convert the rich text or multi-select text into a numeric value?

Very interested in any suggestions!
Thank you!

------------------------------
Liz Chartrand

2 Replies

• may this

var text NextLease =

Sumvalues(GetRecords($NextLease,[_DBID_RENTAL_DETAIL]),69))

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      LizChartrand
      Qrew Cadet
      Thank you, Mark, that did it!

Liz Chartrand