Forum Discussion

PraharshaK
Qrew Member
4 months ago

API for "Last Visited" data of a user

Hi,

Do we have an API that returns the "Last Visited" column data of an user? GetUserInfo API does return if a user has registered or not but it doesn't seem to return any more information.

My goal is to know when a user has last visited in QuickBase through API.

Thanks,
Praharsha

------------------------------
Praharsha K

4 Replies

• Hello Praharsha,

Last time I looked the answer was no or maybe it was too complicated to parse out the data. You have to do a FOR loop for each User for each App and it uses a lot of Integration Reads unless you use Pipelines. 

We use the connect tables in the admin console and then put that table into an App where you can access/share the information. Check out the link below.

https://helpv2.quickbase.com/hc/en-us/articles/4570424924052-Connecting-to-Quickbase-Admin-Console

Jim Harrison
    transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes
      ChayceDuncan
      Qrew Captain

Jim's point is dead on with the suggestion to use the admin console as it will provide the access point of each user and their last visited date. If for some reason you're not able to though - you'll need to leverage the QB API, specifically API_UserRoles and parse out the response. Pipelines can do that pretty easily, there are just some quirks that pop up in the processing if you have users assigned to multiple roles in the same app and how QB returns that JSON data back to you.

Chayce Duncan
        PraharshaK
        Qrew Member

Hi Chayce,

Thank you for your response. The API_UserRoles API was all I needed!

Praharsha K
      PraharshaK
      Qrew Member

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your response.

Praharsha K