Forum Discussion

AshleyAshley
Qrew Member
8 years ago

Are we able to print out reports that are colorized based on a colorization formula?

I recently came across an issue and I wasn?t sure if it was a QuickBase issue or a computer issue. I just recently built a report where certain rows are color coded, which worked out fine. However, whenever we print the report, the rows that are colored in the report don?t get printed with  a color at all.

So we just didn?t know if it was a QuickBase issue or not. Any thoughts?

PS: I have tried to do what past posts have said to do but that hasn't worked either.

23 Replies

• But doesn';t make sense to me that Internet Explorer prints everything in colour that I download and wish to print from the internet, except the colorization of Quickbase Reports?
  • You will need to find the setting for background shading.

I think the issue is that many websites have background shading and Browsers let you decide if you want to have a clean white print or else sort of cloudy it up with background shading. On many websites, people just want a clean black and white print out.
  • Did you manage to find the settings, it�s going to be a checkbox setting in the print menu to show background shading.
  • Hey Mark, sorry for being so haphazard in reply, but no, no luck on colourization of reports.  I tried it in both IE Explorer that I use day to day (I know, old old old technology), the new Microsoft Edge and Chrome, and I cannot get reports to print colourize.  They show appropriate on the screen with defined records picking up the coded colours, but no luck when printing.
  • There, thank you.  That worked in Chrome (printed the colourized fields perfectly).  Any idea where the same setting might be in the old IE or Edge?  Appreciate it again Mark.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      On my IE 11 it is
      File
      Page Setup
      Then it is right on that screen as a checkbox.

Print Background Colors and Images
      JeffRogerson
      Qrew Cadet
      I will check it out tomorrow. When I Googled it, it gave instructions to look under internet options, advance, then check a print checkbox (that doesn't exist) to allow background print colonization.