Forum Discussion

MichaelWhite1
Qrew Member
9 months ago

Authorization using Bearer Token (Pipeline Webhook)

Hi all.

I'm hoping somebody can help me with this please?

I am trying to run a piepline webhook to 'POST' to a third pary application. The authorization method I need to use is 'Bearer Token'. Can this be done using a webhook in pipelines? I have tried for a few hours and can't get it to work.

Thank you,

Michael

------------------------------
Michael White

3 Replies

• Does the application use Oauth2? If so - Webhooks are setup to handle Oauth credential handling but I've yet to see it work either personally or by others using it for generic third party apps that aren't configured as channels already. Your best bet honestly is to potentially reach out to support to get a Pipelines resource to work with you if possible. Oauth2 credentialing is tricky and a little questionable with how Pipelines are setup to handle it. I looked to see if anyone had previously found a solution in this forum but came up with nothing. 

Chayce Duncan
      MichaelWhite1
      Qrew Member

Hi Chayce.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, it is Oauth2, which I think is adding to the problem. Something tells me I'm not going to be able to get this to work 😌

Thank you anyway.

Michael

Michael White
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

I would reach out to support - I don't know how QB handles Oauth2, its not in a way that I've ever seen and I know even less about how they handle the refresh token aspect. Apologies for not being very helpful, I just haven't seen enough publicly or any changes over the past couple of years that would provide any more insight. 

Chayce Duncan