Forum Discussion

AlexGale
Qrew Captain
6 years ago

Auto refresh after saving?

This is a weirdly specific use case, and I'm having some trouble with it. 

I'm currently generating records in one (parent) table using a GenAddRecord link from a table in a separate app. The GenAddRecord link sends information which, upon saving the new parent record, is used by an Action to create a child record which is related to the newly created parent record. 

What this effectively means is that the system automatically sets up a relationship, but only after the save button is clicked. So when the users click save, expecting to see their new child record on the report link for the parent, they are disappointed. They need to manually refresh the page to see the child. 

This seems like it could be solved by adding an auto-refresh after saving. Is there a way to do that?

14 Replies

• Had a similar issue in my system I found out that there is a feature in Quickbase that by default is not enabled called AJAX Report Loading. Have you Realm admin request this be enabled for your account by submitting a help Support Case. This has to be done at an account level not by an App Administrator

Hope this helps

AlexGale
      Qrew Captain
      Thanks for the response

Do you mind telling me what AJAX Report Loading does?
      EricTurrentine
      Qrew Cadet
      With this loaded as you add new child records the sub form will auto refresh, Also the Report loader does not load the reports on first load of the form only when the report is scrolled to the active window so if you have multiple sub reports on the same form the late loading speeds up the form load time using less resources
      AlexGale
      Qrew Captain
      And you mentioned this was a user level thing? Would I have to have it enabled for each of my users, or would having it enabled for myself allow me to simply enable it on certain forms?

Sorry for peppering you with questions, but I want to make sure I'm not adding something to my app that will hinder users' workflow
    hhersch
    Qrew Captain
    Hi all. We are looking at doing a soft release of this feature and are starting with a limited group this week. Stay tuned for more but we are happy to see there is some excitement around this. Feel free to add questions or comments to this thread.
      KevinTilley
      Qrew Member
      This feature would specifically address a need that I have.  Do you have any room for more participants in the soft release?  Thanks.
      hhersch
      Qrew Captain
      Hi Kevin. Sure, no problem. Please open a support case asking for this to be turned on for the realm or specific app (url) you'd like. It will get escalated to me. It would be very helpful if you could document your use case(s) in the ticket.
  • try meta refresh on your custom page (or button?)

<html>
    <head>
    <title>Best Title for Page Ever</title>
    <script type="text/javascript"> if(window.top.location != window.location) { window.top.location.href = window.location.href; } </script>
    <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2; URL=javascript:window.open('different-or-same-page.html','_top');">
    </head>
    <body> Such a great page. </body>
    </html>

------------------------------
    Meredith Moore
    ------------------------------