Forum Discussion

4 Replies

• Is it just this one item? Or are you trying to get a list of SKUs?

The way to get data from another system/website is through their API in most cases. I did some quick googling and Home Depot has an API but you need log in info to access it. An alternative but not as efficient is to essentially scrape the page. Basically you could have a process that opens up the webpage, digs around the actual HTML code that makes it up and grabs the value you want. That method has a lot more holes though and much harder to implement. 

Either way - you'll need some custom coding for either method. 

Chayce Duncan | Technical Lead
    (720) 739-1406 | chayceduncan@quandarycg.com
    Quandary Knowledge Base
      SalesInfo
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Chayce Duncan,

Thanks for your response! I need to get the data for a list of SKUs. Can you please show the steps to get through their API and get the data automatically updated into quickbase.

Thanks in advance!
      ChayceDuncan2
      Qrew Cadet
      So there isn't really much I can personally do as I don't have access to the Home Depot API.

Here is the link to the Home Depot API that I found: http://developer.homedepot.com/book-page/product-apis

Your first step would be to find out how to register in their developer program and figure out the requirements for their api. I would imagine they would have an API call to pass in SKU's to get product information and current pricing. With that - you can call the Home Depot API and pass that back to Quick Base using API_EditRecord or API_ImportFromCSV calls

Chayce Duncan | Technical Lead
      (720) 739-1406 | chayceduncan@quandarycg.com
      Quandary Knowledge Base
  • Are you looking to scrape product pages based on some query?  If so you will have to build a custom scraper and use the QB APIs to import it to your table.  Can you send some detail of what you're trying to accomplish?

Cantan Group | Quick Base Dev (contact for custom work at a great rate)
    (416) 727-0407 | admin@cantangroup.com