Forum Discussion

AndrewRyder
Qrew Cadet
4 years ago

Automation selecting option in Multi-Select Text

Hi,

Wondering if an automation can select an additional option, when triggered (modified)?

Ex: Multi-select field has choices
A
B
C
D
E

- A and C are selected in Record
- Action occurs that triggers Automation and also selects "E" when Automation conditions are met

Now that record has A, C and E selected.

I'm not seeing this ability in automations and can't think of a way without an API call or Pipelines.

Thanks

------------------------------
Andrew Ryder

2 Replies

• A multi select field is really just a list of choices separated by a semi colon.  If you try a temporary formula like ToText ([my multi select field]) You will see exactly how the syntax of the semicolons work. 

So if you could arrange to I have a form of the field which can sis of the current choices of that multi select field but then also appends on the choice for E., Then you could have that automation copy that formula Field into the multi select field.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AndrewRyder
      Qrew Cadet
      Mark,

That worked. I was trying something and was close but nice to see it didn't take anything complex.

I'll post my screenshots to hopefully help others that wind up in this situation.

I needed to create a "cheater" or "dummy" field that was a Formula - Text with that option appended. Then, I just copy via the automation.

Andrew Ryder