Forum Discussion

VictoriaMora
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Automation Triggering Duplicate Records

I am having trouble with an automation I have setup. I have three tables that are related, the first table holds Guidance Memos, the Guidance Memo form has multiple fields two of which I need to be considered when triggering an add record to my CRC Action Record table. The first field that I want to be considered is the Line of Business, the second related field is Department. The third table Compliance Reliability Caregiver table has a list of individuals who I want to create "action records" for but right now, the automation will trigger multiple records IF the person supports multiple lines of business under the same department. Ideally, the automation would look at the line of business on the guidance memo, then the department and only trigger action records for the individuals that meet that criteria in the compliance reliability caregiver table. I've
attached additional information below to try and make this request a little clearer. Thanks!

4 Replies

• I have a feeling that this can be done by setting up a table called say Automation Focus with a single record in it to record the Focus Guidance Memo Record ID# and using that table and some relationships to make your Automation know which records to import or copy across.

I think I would have to get on a Go To Meeting screen sharing session to help you make this work.  I can be contacted at QuickBaseCoach.com
  • Sorry , that last post got entered under a strange userid.  Not quite sure how that happened.

I have a feeling that this can be done by setting up a table called say Automation Focus with a single record in it to record the Focus Guidance Memo Record ID# and using that table and some relationships to make your Automation know which records to import or copy across.

I think I would have to get on a Go To Meeting screen sharing session to help you make this work.  I can be contacted at QuickBaseCoach.com
  • When I click the link 'QuickBaseCoach.com' I get an error-- Page Not Found. Let me know how we can connect. Thanks!