Forum Discussion

NirajShah5
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Best method to integrate Exchange / Outlook

What are some of the best and most efficient methods to integrate Microsoft Exchange / Outlook as part of a QuickBase application. Sending notifications / emails via the app is simple enough, however, I need to be able to also have a log of all emails received via a specific Exchange / Outlook inbox in my application. I also want to have the ability for my application to add events to users Exchange / Outlook calendars. 
I'm aware that middleware such as Workato or Zapier could complete this functionality but are there any other solutions?

------------------------------
Niraj Shah

5 Replies

• Hi Niraj.  The most popular Quick Base add-on is SendToQuickBase to save emails from any platform into your apps.  When using Outlook (Exchange or otherwise), you can also save calendar, tasks, contacts, and more as well.  More details, including a free trial, can be found here:

http://www.SoftTechExperts.com/sendtoquickbase.html

Please let me know if you have any questions, or need any help.

Joe Acunzo
    Founder
    SoftTechExperts
    203-481-1222 ext. 316
      NirajShah4
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks, Joe. 
      I am a bit familiar with SendToQuickBase but what I'm looking for is not just syncing emails to a QuickBase table but also the ability for QuickBase to send an email from the users Exchange / Outlook address. In addition, the need to add calendar events to the same Outlook / Exchange account is required. I basically need a full bi-directional integration.

Niraj Shah
  • Niraj
    If you simply want to Sync a copy of all emails received to an email address into a Quick Base table, you can Natively  a set up a Connected Sync table.

If you then want to show some of those emails n a record, you can if can ensure that the Record ID# or some identifying field on the Quick Base record is contained in the email. 

Here is some initial help on setting up a Connected table.

https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/about_connected_tables.html

But that is for email and not calendar sync

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com
      NirajShah4
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks, Mark. I am familiar with connected tables but what I'm looking for is not just syncing emails to a QuickBase table but also the ability for QuickBase to send an email from the users Exchange / Outlook address. In addition, the need to add calendar events to the same Outlook / Exchange account is required. I basically need a full bi-directional integration.

Niraj Shah
        JoeAcunzo__Soft
        Qrew Trainee
        Niraj, my SendToQuickBase and also SendToOutlook add-ons can handle everything you need based on your description.  Please reach out directly to me to discuss details.

Joe Acunzo
        Founder
        SoftTechExperts
        203-481-1222 ext. 316