Forum Discussion

RyanShook
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Best Practises / Strategy for Senior Management Dashboard

I have a senior management group that dabbles in Quickbase usage when I can make it extremely easy for them (typically dashboard views). 

Our applications are separated by states (one app per state)

I would like to create a management dashboard that pulls key information from several different applications onto one dashboard. 

Can someone let me know if this is the correct strategy to take? I am trying to avoid them going from app to app. 

I am not even certain if a dashboard can pull reports from another app unless I make a connected table between the two apps. 

Any suggestions or advice would be great.

------------------------------
Ryan Shook

4 Replies

• Try this

Copy the URL for a report onto your clipboard.

Go to the Executive Dashboard page and create an element which is a "web page", 
    Paste in the URL but manually suffix it with  &ifv=1

That should embed the report.  But the issue will be that if they start to drill down it gets messy.  So you can also put a button as a URL and train them (good luck with that :) to use the button to see the full report with drill down.

There is also a way to get the button to open in a new tab, if you need that.  But one step at a time ....

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      RyanShook
      Qrew Trainee

Good luck indeed!

How do I get the button to open in a new tab as indicated below (keeping the core dashboard in one place will be key otherwise they will be LOST)

------Original Message------

Try this

Copy the URL for a report onto your clipboard.

Go to the Executive Dashboard page and create an element which is a "web page", 
      Paste in the URL but manually suffix it with  &ifv=1

That should embed the report.  But the issue will be that if they start to drill down it gets messy.  So you can also put a button as a URL and train them (good luck with that :) to use the button to see the full report with drill down.

There is also a way to get the button to open in a new tab, if you need that.  But one step at a time ....

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Your Quick Base Coach
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        So bad news and good news.
        The bad news is that there is not a setting to make a button open in a new tab.

The good news  is there is a trick.

Make a Dashboard element as a text box.

Write the words for the link to a report.  Highlight and use the link to turn that into a hyperlink, and it will ask you if you want to open in a new tab. You do get a lot of flexibility of those text boxes and there is even a way to insert a table to Lines things up neatly.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Your Quick Base Coach
        mark.shnier@gmail.com