Forum Discussion

BethanyHudson
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Budget Amendment Formula

I need some help with a currency formula. I have Grant Award Amount currency field which is input as a grant comes in. Sometimes we have amendments to a grant, either adding or subtracting money, so I need a formula for that. Then probably another field that shows the calculated plus or minus from the Grant Award Amount. I'm not sure if there needs to be an Amendments table, but they will be input into my Grant Award table, which is where the Grant Award Amount field is.

------------------------------
Bethany Hudson
Program Administrator
Mobile Bay National Estuary Program
Mobile AL

2 Replies

• I do a similar thing with Projects, and modifications for the project. If you will only have a max of one amendment, you could probably get away with not having an Amendments table. Otherwise, if it's an unknown number, I would make an amendments table. I'm a fan of the child table because you inevitably want to add more info with the amendment (date, title, a file, etc). That table has the amendment amount (plus whatever other fields). 

Grant Award has Many Amendments.

Summary field on grant award of the total amount in Amendments.

Grant Table you have Initial amount field, and now the Amendment Total Summary Field. Create numeric formula field on Grant Table 'Grant Total With Amendments'. ([Amendment Total Summary Field] + [Grant Initial Amount].

In this scenario they technically enter into your Amendments table, but its a seamless user experience. They simply click 'Add Amendment', enter the price, and save.

Mike Tamoush
      BethanyHudson
      Qrew Trainee
      Perfect! Thanks!!

Bethany Hudson
      Program Administrator
      Mobile Bay National Estuary Program
      Mobile AL