Forum Discussion

ChrisNewsome
Qrew Captain
11 months ago

Button to print record on a different form

OK so I have a record I edit, and I have a button called "print this page" that opens a different form and automatically asks to print. It's worked for a couple of years until recently, and now it's saying:

"There's nothing here!

The form you're looking for has been deleted, or the link that brought you here is incorrect."
I haven't changed the form, so I'm assuming something else has broken it, but I can't get it to work again. Here is the formula that was working:
URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() &"?a=printr&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "&dfid= 1000010"

Any ideas as to what changed and how to fix it?

------------------------------
Thanks,
Chris Newsome

4 Replies

• The form number looks wonky.  It should be a 1 or 2 digit number and yours is a huge number 100010.

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() &"?a=printr&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "&dfid= 1000010"

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChrisNewsome
      Qrew Captain

I thought it should have been just "10," but again that formula hasn't been modified since I put it in place years ago. Did QBase change something, or am I just crazy? I'm the only person with access to change that.

Thanks,
      Chris Newsome
        BrianSeymour
        Qrew Cadet

If you head into your Table settings (gear icon in top-left) and then click on Forms, you'll see a list of Forms. On the right side of the list you'll see the "Form ID" whose value correlates to the value of the "&dfid=" in your query string.

The only funkiness I've encountered with the Form IDs is the default "Main Form" always has an ID of 2. And then, the first new form you create in a given table will have an ID of 10. Then, each new Form ID will increment as you expect (11, 12, 13, etc). That numbering system has been in place for years and hasn't changed, even with the "New Style" Forms.

So, I don't think QB "changed" anything … perhaps you are thinking of a different Form?

Try heading over to your "App Management" page and take a look at the "Manage App Structure" section where you'll see and link to "Search & replace in schema." If you follow that link and then search for "dfid" you may find instances where you've linked out to custom Forms in you app.

Brian Seymour